Thursday, August 29, 2019

Archive Project: Condenada Demo


This tape is one of the first things I ever recorded for a band I wasn't in. Circa 2004 or 2005, I was working a student job in grad school, doing production setups and sound board operating for events in a large campus auditorium. Condenada was new on the scene and I was a huge fan from the get go. I had just acquired my first digital interface (a Presonus Firepod) and was eager to try it out. My boss let me use the facility on a dark day to do the recording. The band set up on stage at the auditorium, and we quickly discovered we had to close the main stage curtains because without them, the reverberance of the hall was way too intense.

This tape is very rare, since shortly after it came out the band decided to re-record these songs for a new demo, as they felt these performances were slower than their evolving sound was going. That aside, this tape contains early versions of a bunch of tunes that would become classics and part of their live set throughout the life of the band.

Two classic Condenada songs, circa 2007:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Consensus Madness 7"

 Consensus Madness will be putting out two releases this year that I have been part of. First is this 7" on Iron Lung Records, which I ...